20.3.15

sometimes irrelevant is everything but

Sometimes my favorite moments are like this moment; early in the morning at metro station, but late enough to be late to work avoiding all madness. Reading with James Vincent Mcmorrow playing in the back, feeling myself take the deepest of breaths preparing for a days work. 
My lips hitting the first of the many coffees I would inhale, but the first taste is always the best...in all cases. 

I look at my reflection in the glass and feel my hair catch flight as the subways shuffles in. I think to myself: these are the moments. 

A swell of satisfaction goes over me in these moments and I take the time to think about them. To feel them. To be thankful for them.

Life is a combination of these irrelevant moments, that for some reason, hold so much relevance.